The KRT2 is a completely newly developed 8.33 kHz radio. Solely, the aircraft radio transmission standard - the amplitude modulation (AM) - remained. Otherwise, the entire electronic system is largely digitized. This ensures high frequency stability and channel separation under all circumstances. The digital technology has to offer even more:
- Flexible functionality in the future through software upgrade
- Energy saving - this is the glider pilots and balloonists particular interests (1W watts in standby)
- Ultra compact and lightweight construction
The entire operation is very intuitive, since it is developed by pilots. We know what is important in flight operations and in critical situations. Everything has to work to the point! The KRT 2 has 2 outputs for headsets and speaker's. With "dual watch" you can listen to two frequencies, which differ in volume and tone.
A priority on the active port is installed to prevent confusion.
The KTR 2 has a database of 100 locations for airport frequencies, with display in plain text. The display for this is a sunlight readable display with graphic representation of all variables.
Via the integrated interface, you can also remotely control the KRT 2 and in tandem-configuration connect a "Remote Terminal" with full functionality of the KRT2.
- Frequency range 118.000 to 136.975 MHz
- Channel spacing 8,33 / 25 kHz (2278 channels)
- 2 microphone inputs (2 x standard or dynamic)
- Audio input for connection of NF-sources e.g. MP 3
- Installation: aviation standard cut (57 mm)
- 100 user memory channels, which can be assigned a name with up to 8 characters.